IMPACT OF HIV/AIDS ON YOUR BUSINESS
As an employer you should be concerned about the negative impact HIV and AIDS can have on your business. Some of the effects HIV and AIDS can have on your business are:
- Decrease in productivity and profitability. If your employees are sick, they will not work as quickly or effectively. This lack of productivity will affect your bottom line.
- Decrease in turnover, as a knock-on effect from the above point.
- Increase in production costs, as labour costs go up because you have to pay overtime or casual workers to produce, while still paying for the employee on sick leave.
- Increased stress for you, your managers and your employees. Healthy employees will have to pick up the slack from those off sick. Your managers will have the added stress of managing their employees’ workloads and you have the stress of managing your business’ profitability.
- Increased medical aid costs for your staff.
And the list goes one.
The impact of HIV and AIDS can be reduced by educating your employees on:
Wearing aids ribbons to keep HIV/Aids visable
- How to prevent HIV.
- How to prevent spreading it.
- How to work with HIV and AIDS.
- How to manage HIV and AIDS.